OUR COVID-19 RESPONSE
Updated July 1st, 2021
As the current COVID case levels are constantly changing, these policies will continue to evolve. Thank you for your patience.
Sunday Morning Worship
Masks are still required while in the building except in designated areas.
Seating will be divided into three (3) sections.
The back section (under the balcony): distanced seating where masks are required at all times.
The middle section of the sanctuary (immediately in front of the balcony): seating is not restricted but masks are still required.
The front section of the sanctuary: seating is not restricted and masks are encouraged but not required. Please wear masks while moving in this section or leaving this section.
Please do not remove masks in this section until seated.
Please maintain distancing when possible while moving through the building.
Please wash your hands and use hand sanitizer when at all possible.
Hymnals and bulletins are available to be taken into the sanctuary. Please place hymnals on the “used” cart at the conclusion of the service.
Offerings will not be collected by passing the plate. Tithes, offerings and donations may be made online, mailed to the church office, or placed in the church replica found in the narthex.
Communion will be shared during the first Sunday of the month. Communion elements are to be picked up prior to the service. We will share the elements together while seated in the sanctuary. Hand sanitizers are available in the pews (on the sides by the windows).
Sunday Evening Outdoor Worship
Masks are encouraged but not required at the Outdoor Worship service.
Seating areas are still staggered at a distance.
Please bring your own chair.
In case of forecasted inclement weather, a decision will be made to cancel by 5pm.
If the service is still set to take place but the weather changes at 6pm, the service will be moved indoors.
Please wear masks in accordance with our Sunday Morning Policies.
Summer Children’s Sunday School
Class is currently meeting outside of the Preschool Office Entrance.
Children are asked to wear masks and to bring their own blankets to sit on.
In case of inclement weather, classes will be moved indoors.
Summer Adult Sunday School
Class is hybrid and held in the Rose Garden Room and on zoom simultaneously.
Masks are required in-person at this time.
Small Groups (Being reevaluated 7/5/21)
Indoor Small Groups
Small groups with 10 members or less who are all vaccinated, may discuss the comfort level of participants wearing masks indoors. If agreed upon within the group, participants may remove their masks if they so choose.
Groups larger than 10 people will need to remain masked while indoors. This number will be reevaluated in July.
Food is still not permitted indoors at this time.
Vaccinated members of groups of any size meeting outside may remove their masks at the discretion of the individual.
Food will be permitted outside. Food is not to be shared unless it is purchased individually wrapped.
Other Building Use
Masks will be required when entering the office area to help keep our staff safe.
While in the building and not in contact with others, staff and volunteers may remove their masks. Please put masks on when interacting with others within the building when unsure of their vaccine status.
At Christ UMC, we believe that loving our neighbor means pausing our in-person worship and small groups during this time; however, we continue to carry out our vision to encounter Christ, grow disciples, and serve others in other creative ways.
In order to protect our congregation and community and to follow the legal mandates:
- We have now returned to in-person worship on Sundays at 8:30 AM and 11:00 AM in the Sanctuary. No registration is required to attend. More specific guidelines are listed above.
- Outdoor worship is also available. It will be held in the church parking lot on Sundays at 6:00 PM. Cancellations due to weather made by 5:00 PM. Check our Facebook page. Outdoor worship will continue as long as weather permits.
- We will
continue to worship online via Facebook Live, streaming worship before worship
at 10:45 and the worship service at 11 AM on Sundays.
- If you know someone who can't connect virtually but would like to attend worship, we can connect them to one of our phone partners who can call them prior to the service so they can listen in via their phone to the service.
- If you need to be physically in the church for any reason, please call the church office to schedule a time to be there (even if you have a church key). We want to create a safe environment for all. When you are in the church, please wear a mask and use the sanitizer by the door or on the counter in the church office
Connecting with other Christians is incredibly important during this time, and we would love for you to join us! If you have questions on how to get involved, please contact:
- Pastor Zachary Hopple, Senior Pastor
- Pastor Tawny Bernhardt, Pastor of Children's Ministries
- Pastor Eric Chelton, Assistant Pastor & Director of Student Ministries
- Miki Chelton, Director of Music
- or contact the Church Office for general and adult ministry information. You can also reach the church office by phone from 9-3 Monday-Friday.
If you do not receive our weekly emails, email us to begin receiving the most up-to-date church information.
We also encourage you to please continue to pray for those affected by COVID-19, for our health care workers, and all essential employees during this time. We encourage you to reach out by phone to those who might be feeling particularly lonely during this time.