At Christ UMC, we believe that loving our neighbor means pausing our in-person worship and small groups during this time; however, we continue to carry out our vision to encounter Christ, grow disciples, and serve others in other creative ways.
In order to protect our congregation and community and to follow the legal mandates:
- Outdoor worship is now available. It will be held in the church parking lot on Sundays at 6 PM. Cancellations due to weather made by 4 PM.
- All in person worship services and small groups have been cancelled through August. We will update this date as we have more information about the situation.
- We will continue to worship online via Facebook Live, streaming worship before worship at 9:45 and the worship service at 10 AM on Sundays.
- If you know someone who can't connect virtually but would like to attend worship, we can connect them to one of our phone partners who can call them prior to the service so they can listen in via their phone to the service.
- If you need to be physically in the church for any reason, please call the church office to schedule a time to be there (even if you have a church key). We want to create a safe environment for all. When you are in the church, please wear a mask and use the sanitizer by the door or on the counter in the church office
The majority of our small groups continue to meet virtually. Connecting with other Christians is incredibly important during this time, and we would love for you to join us! If you have questions on how to get involved, please contact:
- Pastor Tawny Bernhardt for
- Pastor Eric Chelton for youth ministry
- Miki Chelton for music ministry
- or contact the Church Office for general and adult ministry information. You can also reach the church office by phone from 9-3 Monday-Friday.
If you do not receive our weekly emails, email us to begin receiving the most up-to-date church information.
We also encourage you to please continue to pray for those affected by COVID-19, for our health care workers, and all essential employees during this time. We encourage you to reach out by phone to those who might be feeling particularly lonely during this time.