Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is part-time, requiring ten (10) to fifteen (15) hours per week and works in conjunction with the existing church worship team and Tech Team, and the position is ultimately overseen by the Staff Parish Relations Committee. The position is intended to be supervisory in nature. As such, the holder of this position is ultimately responsible for all aspects of duties included, but are not limited to:
1. Overseeing operation of sound board/equipment and video/technology utilized in worship and other church services/events (church services, funerals, weddings and similar events).
2. Preparation and presentation of PowerPoint slides, video presentation/interludes during worship and other services.
3. Ensuring efficient and effective transmission of worship services through appropriate media (Facebook, Instagram, etc.).
4. Working with other members of church staff to ensure that any events/services are appropriately archived.
5. Responsible for recruiting and training of volunteers to operate sound and video equipment during services/events and to provide troubleshooting of same and training others in troubleshooting. In the event that insufficient volunteers are available for a specific event and/or service, the Director will assume those duties or find an appropriate substitute. It is expected that the Director will be present at both services for approximately 49 Sundays each year (as well as, potentially, special services as needed), with that number subject to periodic evaluation.
6. Responsible for keeping all systems current and updated (including installing software and hardware updates). Also responsible for recommending to the Tech Team desirable upgrades to software and hardware to ensure that systems are relevant and meeting the needs of the Church and its ministry.
7. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: The following experiences are required:
1. A minimum of a High School Diploma/GED.
2. Ability to solicit, train, obtain and inspire volunteers as necessary to ensure the staffing of worship (including youth worship, service and activities) and other events for in-person and streaming of events.
3. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
4. Demonstrate discretion in handling confidential information.
5. Excellent computer skills:
- Applications, including, but not limited to, Google, ECAMM, Microsoft Programs and video editing software, including, but not limited to Davinci Resolve or iMovie
- Proficient with working with Macs
The following experiences are preferred:
1. Working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint and streaming and/or applications
2. Experience in recording, uploading, editing and presenting video files
3. Experience operating sound equipment and board in a church/worship environment
4. Experience in streaming events (particularly church and church-related events) on media programs such as Facebook and similar platforms
5. Working knowledge of cameras and related equipment utilized in recording/broadcasting events and experience working with NDI technology and networking
6. Strong church background and demonstrated faith as well as previous experience in assisting with worship/similar services, as well as understanding of flow of religious/worship services
Applicant must successfully complete all required background checks.
Job Type: Part-time
- One location
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place