Ministry, Missions, and Evangelism
Our church supports a number of mission and outreach activities, locally, nationally and globally. The items listed below are our "line items". These missions are supported by our annual budget rather than by the blue missions envelopes.
- United Methodist Conference Connectional Ministries Fund
- United Methodist Conference Conference Pension Fund
- LAMB Institute - care for and protects God's children suffering in Honduras
- ACTS6 - began ministries in Ghana reaching out to the Muslim population
- Red Bird Mission - provides spiritual, educational, health and community outreach in KY
- Straight Ahead Ministries - works with disadvantaged youth throughout New England
- Seamen's Church Institute- provides services to meet mariner's practical, spiritual and emotional needs
- Mid-Town Parish - needs a new house of God to worship and serve their community in Philadelphia
- Bridge of Hope BuxMont - working to end homelessness for single-parent families
- St. Mary's Villa for Children and Families - provides services for abused and neglected children in the Greater Philadelphia area
- New Life Youth and Family Services - provides residential, educational, and community based services for troubled youth and their families
- Manna on Main Street - provides a soup kitchen and food cupboard in Lansdale, PA
- Community Housing Services - provides resources, crisis interventions and long-term housing for the homeless and near homeless
- Norristown Hospitality Center - promotes and develops the spiritual, physical, and mental welfare of the disadvantaged or otherwise needs citizens of Norristown
- Laurel House - a comprehensive domestic violence agency
- Methodist Home for Children - offers a variety of programs and services to help children and families in need.
We also support through our budget some internal missions within Christ United Methodist Church.
- CUMC Educational Outreach
- CUMC Preschool Scholarship
- Grants for Congregant Missions Projects